Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We're on the Mend

The 2 of us are feeling better. Much better really. D is pretty much over whatever we had. I am getting there. Going to the doctor...it will do wonders for you. Really it does! The homemade soup, it was a gift from heaven. When I was little, my mom used to make a potato soup or veggie soup whenever I got sick. It always worked wonders! D's grandma, she made us chicken noodle soup yesterday. I think that alone helped us to feel better!

D is at work. This morning before he left, he was really happy. Something that he hasn't been...when it comes to work...in quite a LONG time. This is really good news! But D was almost glowing about going to a meeting. It was almost asking too much of me to not crack up laughing!

I have been going through the mail this morning. It is one of my favorite things to do. Really it is! L, probably my best friend ever, sent me a package from Boston. It is loaded with tons of fun trinkets and tidbits. He also sent the most amazing antique glass box. I am over the moon! And Little M...she made me a necklace at her summer camp. She is 3 and 1/2...the half is very important to her...and is going to her first summer day camp. She LOVES it. And decided to make me a necklace. The mail today...it is GREAT!

D's sister and nieces want to spend some "Girl Time" with me today. I am not 100% yet, but I think it will be fun. D worked hard to convince me to spend a couple of hours with them. He thinks it will make me feel better. And I cannot disagree! I would love to see those little sweethearts again. It seems like it has been a while since we have spent some good quality time together.

That's pretty much all that is going on from our part of the woods. Seriously, that is it. The fur babies are happy. D is happy and healthy. The mail was great today! I'm feeling better. And we are home for a few days!

XOXO

♥D

No comments: