Thursday, July 30, 2009

Attack of the Girls

♥D thought it would be fun to watch my nieces yesterday. I was OK with it. Figured it would be a relatively quiet evening. Was wrong in the most awful way imaginable. The girls decided to bring over some friends. By the time I got to the house, we had 7 little girls running around. The cats and dogs were running for their lives. The girls had managed to dress them in what I am going to assume was their clothes. Sorry sis. I felt real bad for the dogs. The cats managed to hide out in the oddest of places. But the dogs had no place to run to.

♥D tried to keep them contained. She is incredibly good with kids. I'm assuming that comes with being from a large family. ♥D had the girls help her make dinner. They had a good time. Each of them in their own apron. After dinner, they decorated some cupcakes that ♥D had made earlier. But she calmed them down. Had them watching a movie in the den eating popcorn and cupcakes.

♥D and I were in my office. Trying to work some things out regarding our friends. H is moving out. Moving into a house that I own. H started working at my company today. ♥D and I were trying to work out schedules, movers, and friends. Trying to be respectful of both H and T. How in the world did we get stuck between our closest friends?

I went to get something to drink and found a sea of toys littering the entire house. I have never, in my lifetime, seen so many Barbie dolls. Dolls, clothes, cars, and who knows what not all littered the entire house. When did this happen? When did these girls get so wild? And when did I agree to watch these half wild kids?

♥D calmly walked out. Told the girls to pick up their stuff. And somehow managed to get them all in bed in under 30 min. How does she do it? One day I want kids. A boy to follow me around and take over were I leave off. And a girl. Just like her mom. But somehow all of the craziness that was last night, was too much for me. ♥D just called to let me know that the girls have all gone home. I am silently grateful. D

No comments: