Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sunny Beaches

We are on the road...again! But it is a good trip. Sunny beaches are included this time. :O) Although, I will be avoiding the water...a recent health thing...I am sitting on the beach as I type this. My toes in the sand and a tall glass of iced tea at my side. It is a bit of an emotional week for us, but it is also a nice change of pace.

D is working right now...something that he quite enjoys actually. He does have a fun job...not your usual M-F, 9-5. But yet again, we are traveling and away for a holiday. Some of D's family came, but mine are still in the dark about us. Tell me about it! We have been dating for over a year now...and well...I still haven't gotten around to telling them. A few key friends know...but that's it!

On the agenda today? D has informed me that my job is to simply relax and get better. So it is all vacay time for me! But I also have to make sure that the "Man Beast" AKA D, is also taking care of himself. This evening we are having a nice cookout with family and friends. And honestly, I cannot wait. Something about me...I am a complete "Foodie."

I am also on "Baby Shower" gift overdrive. I have been working on baby blankets for a number of family and friends who are expecting. To my surprise, they are not all girls or not all boys...but a mix. You see, in my family, we usually get 4-5 new babies a year...and they are all of the same sex. So I am quite happy with my hook and yarn...making a variety of gifts.

And I am on a mission to find a good book to read. My all time favorite is Gone with the Wind. But I like a variety of books. In fact, cookbooks are one of my favorites to read. Yup, I read and collect cookbooks. I just love cooking! But if you have any suggestions of a good read, let me know!

XOXO
♥D

No comments: