Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fly Away Home



I'm definitely what one would call a "reader." I LOVE books! Honestly, in a week, I probably read 10+ books. It's insane. But it's true. Every once in a while, you come across a book that you literally can't put down. And that happened this week.

Jennifer Weiner happens to be one of my favorite authors. I literally stumbled upon on of her books, years ago. And it was instant love. Love at first read. :) She is just an author that has fun with her books. A little risky? Maybe. I'd definitely not share my books with say, my Mom. But I would share them with some friends. You know, that kind of author.

I bought Fly Away Home a while back. And somehow, I hadn't read it. It kind of just got put down on a table, then up on a bookshelf, then I forgot about it. Sad, I know. But it happened. And as I was trying to take a nap earlier this week, I kept seeing this book on the bookshelf. Finally, I got up, and started reading.

Instantly, I was hooked. In a good way. I literally couldn't put the book down. It's a good thing, D was at work. Because I literally sat there and read. The entire house could have fallen down. And I wouldn't have known it! I was so into my book, I failed to notice when my dear boyfriend got home, looked around, and left. Only to return an hour later with takeout. :)

But this is definitely a book that I'd recommend reading. I finished it up in a few hours. The story of this family just sucks you in. The hardships, lessons learned, and growing of individuals. Totally relatable. If you're looking for a book that slightly touches on current affairs, but also pulls at your heartstrings, this one is for you! A perfect "Summer Read."

XOXO

♥D

No comments: