Saturday, August 1, 2009

Be Our Guest


Not everything got done this week. Apparently, they did not get all of our stuff here. But that was OK. Until this morning. When both D and I had to rinse the shampoo and body wash bottles to shower. Then I used the last of my deodorant. D got the last drop of toothpaste. And we ran out of food staples. So, I thought I would make the 20 minute trip out to Target for some supplies. Things to hold us over until Monday. Because for whatever reason, everything ran out this morning.

I was actually really excited about my adventure to Target for my shopping. I am a big fan of Target! You can ask all of my friends and family, and they will tell you how much I LOVE to shop at Target. I actually worked there a few years ago. But the stores are always so clean and stocked full. The employees are usually friendly and excited to help. Usually! Until today, when I needed some help. I couldn't find anyone to ask for help on the floor. So I walked to their "Guest Service" counter and the girl was both annoyed and unfriendly. So was the GSTL.

I was actually shocked. And after waiting for 30 minutes, I said forget about it. I just picked up a few things that we really needed. And headed for the checkout line. It wasn't so bad. The line was short. But I was pretty disappointed in my adventure. And had to make another stop at another store. I will not stop going to Target just because of this one day. But I will second guess my instinct to just stop by. I left Target on a "not so good foot" but I thought it was just because of the management. Apparently, it is more widespread than that.

After many, many bad experiences at Wal-Mart, I have stopped shopping there. I go once in a while when I can't find something that I really need. But I try to avoid Wal-Mart. I personally don't have tons and tons of money, but I am willing to spend a few cents more for my basics...if I get a good shopping experience. I sincerely hope that Target is headed back in that direction. Because I might just have to find some other place to shop. Hey Target Chiefs...get it together. Because I was not the only unpleased "guest." And I know how much you value your "Guests." When I worked at Target, I would always think about that song "Be Our Guest," because the service was just that good. I hope it returns.

XOXO

♥D

No comments: