Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Day Off

We both have the day off. Kinda strange because it rarely happens that both of us don't have a darn thing to do! But I like it. Actually, I LOVE it! And we plan on chilaxing all day...at home!

What's on the agenda for today? Nothing at all! D and I slept in. He surprised me with breakfast in bed. Complete joy and love right there! He even cleaned the kitchen. Could a woman be more in love? I don't think so! If you are wondering, we had fruit and nut pancakes with bacon. I had juice, D had coffee.

I am still not feeling 100%, and I just found out that I have to go to Dallas on Friday. Friday night actually. I have to be there for a medical conference. The only good thing I see there, spending time with some friends. Some of the doctors I work with and my friend V. It has been forever since we have seen each other. V is a friend from college. We did our first internship together with E. It was a blast! But it has been so long since I have seen V. And even longer since we have spent some good, quality girl time together. I am kinda hoping we have time to go shopping. There are some fun and eclectic shops in and around Dallas. One that even has $10 shoes! All I can say is...pure and honest love!

For the rest of today, well D and I are planning on watching some of our favorite movies. Maybe I can even convince him to watch Gone with the Wind. I might be pushing it there. But I am thinking if we watch Lonesome Dove, it should more than cover Gone with the Wind. I love both of them, so I am good either way. For lunch, D is actually making something as we speak. I have no clue. Since I have been sent out of the kitchen. I'm guessing that it is some kind of surprise.

I am making dinner. Meatloaf, smashed potatoes, some kind of veggie, homemade bread...and definitely dessert. I am thinking peach and cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Who knows what else we will do today. I guess we will just take it as it comes. After all, today is about togetherness and chilaxing!

XOXO

♥D

No comments: