Thursday, July 9, 2009

My New Favorite TV Show


My new favorite TV show is Cake Boss. This is a fairly new reality show on TLC. Filmed at a bakery...Carlo's Bakery, located in Hoboken, New Jersey. The star of the show is Buddy (above in the picture.) He is one of those lively Italian guys. The kind you just have to love because they are so great. The Valastro Family is starred in the show, along with the staff of the bakery (most of which are members of the Valastro Family.)

The show is different from Ace of Cakes on the Food Network. Another show that I absolutely love! But Cake Boss is definitely my favorite. I love the interactions with the various family members and staff. Lil' Frankie reminds me of an old friend's boyfriend. There is just something about them that makes you laugh. Sometimes Ace of Cakes can be a little flat when it comes to the employees. The cakes are always amazing, but they lack a little in "liveliness."

Cake Boss on the other hand, is a great show with lots of action. I think I like it so much because it reminds me a little of my family. The cakes are amazing! Not better than, or worse than Ace of Cakes. They are just different. Both shows and bakeries have specialties. It just depends on what type of cake you are looking for. For cartoonish characters, I would definitely say Ace of Cakes has them beat!

But let me tell you, I would absolutely LOVE to go get me some of those authentic Italian Specialties. And one day, I would absolutely LOVE to get a wedding cake, birthday cake, or baby shower cake from there! Or maybe one of those boxes like the pregnant lady received in one of the shows. You have to admit, everything looked delish!

If you want to watch Cake Boss, it comes out Mondays on TLC at 10/9C. It will definitely entertain you. And leave you wanting some Italian Delicacies!

XOXO

♥D

No comments: