Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Cleaning Queen

♥D really is. I am not lying. I have come to realize that it is in her blood. I. Am. Not. Lying. I. Am. Not.

I realized this when I woke up this morning and looked around. ♥D was called into work late last night. She had already gone to bed. But when I woke up, I saw her Pjs neatly folded on the bench thing. Her slippers were MIA. I later found them in her closet. On my side, my clothes made that snakelike trail to the bed. That's the difference between the 2 off us. It's not bad. Just different.

Her cleaning and organizing has come in handy. Our closets look like the fancy NYC stores. Everything hangs by color, style, and well I don't actually know the order in which she has put things. But I am never hunting down that pair of jeans or shoes that I used to have missing for months. The linen closet looks like a store display. Everything is perfectly folded and organized. I am even at a loss for words at how ♥D organizes all of her lotions and that type of thing.

On occasion, I have wondered if ♥D suffers from OCD. But "suffers from" makes it sound like it debilitates her. It does not. She just focuses on it. Does it make life easier in the long run? Most certainly. Does it drive me nuts at times? Most definitely! There have been nights were I am sleeping. It is 3AM. I can hear noise. What is it? ♥D organizing shoes in her closet. Or organizing canned food in the pantry. Or making sure that the wrapping paper is organized perfectly.

My Buddy T is another one of those neat freaks. I should be used to this type of thing. I am not a slob. But honestly. If there is a pair of shoes at the door, a few dishes in the sink, or the bed is not made, I am cool with that. ♥D not so much. It doesn't bother her if she is doing something. But if she is just sitting around, she will go wash the 2 dishes in the sink. Or hang up the jacket that has been laying on the sofa. I appreciate the organization. But is it really that necessary to life? D

No comments: