Friday, July 31, 2009

July Questions Answered

We are finally sitting down to answer your questions. Yes folks, we got a bunch of them. So we decided that we would answer 20 questions at the end of every month. So keep them coming! We enjoyed reading them. And hope that you enjoy reading our answers. So let's start!

1. What are your real names?
We are trying to stay anonymous. So we can't say. But both names begin with D.

2. What do you do for a living?
We cannot be completely honest here either. But D owns his own company. ♥D is an intern at a few hospitals and government health agencies.

3. How long have you dated?
We began dating in April 2008.

4. How did you meet?
During the 2007 Holiday Season, I was performing in Las Vegas. I am a musician that frequently would perform various shows during the holiday season. D and his buddies were in Las Vegas on vacation. And they happened to stop by one of my shows. We got to meet after the show. My boss knew D and he brought him backstage. But we didn't start talking until months later. D called one day to book my band for a gig. We started talking regularly. And we met in person again in April 2008 and never looked back!

5. Why is your blog orange and pink?
We didn't want to make the blog too girly, or too manly. So we settled on black. Then used 2 of our favorite colors for the blog. Orange for D and pink for ♥D.

6. How often do you travel?
Weekly, no joke! ♥D often travels multiple times during the week for work. But as a couple, we travel at the end of the week for my work.

7. What is up with ♥D's juice/7UP drink?
Hahaha...it is just something that I like to drink. I have no real answer why. I actually like the taste of juice, but I think it is too concentrated. So I like to dilute it. And I like the fizz of the 7UP. But you could also use sparkling water. Just make sure it is mixed in a 1:1 ratio.

8. Why do you call your animals "fur babies?"
My dogs and cats have always been spoiled. But when ♥D moved in with me, she took spoiling to a whole other level. They really did become her babies.

9. What is D's specialty to cook?
I like to grill steaks. It is an art. With some rice and vegetables it is a good meal.

10. How old are you?
♥D is 26. And D is 34.

11. Does ♥D have any packing secrets?
I am going to assume you mean packing for a trip? Not really. I roll my clothes instead of fold them. It helps to keep the wrinkles out. If I am packing a silky blouse or something that wrinkles easily, I pack it in a Ziploc bag. Yes, you read right. It keeps it from wrinkling. And I try to pack things that can easily be mixed and matched. Staying in the same color family or palette allows you to pack less clothes, but have many outfits. Add a few fun accessories in bight colors, like a pair of earrings, a purse, or a pair of shoes. As far as toiletries, I try to keep it easy. Pack your essentials. I always save the sample size fragrances for travel. I also pack makeup for a neutral face, but add in a bright lipstick, black eyeshadow, and a blush with a little more color than normal.

12. What kinds of workouts do you do?
♥D tends to run 3-5 miles a day. Every day. She also works with a trainer 5 days a week. They do weight training M-W-F. On T-Th ♥D practices yoga. Sat-Sun she does pilates. I on the other hand, am a bit lazier. I have a trainer and try to workout 4 days a week. We do a mix of weight training and cardio. I workout less often, but I go through "Captain Death Wish" workouts. It all evens out.

13. Do you come from large families?
♥D is the youngest of 9 kids. I am a middle kid of a family of 4. But we are both from families that have had divorce and remarriages. We are not strangers to step-family and all that.

14. Who's idea was the blog? And why did you start it?
D wanted a place to talk about our relationship. Not many people know about our relationship. D liked my personal blog and thought we could start a blog together. After much thought, we settled on an anonymous blog. A place for the people in our lives to read about our daily life. We could share stories and adventures. For us, it is just a way of sharing the story of our life together.

15. What is ♥D's go to outfit?
A pair of jeans, some kind of fun and flirty top, a jacket of some sort, either ballet flats or high heels, and some piece of fun jewelry. I am pretty eclectic when it comes to my style. But this is the type of outfit that I throw on to do a lot of different things.

16. How many times a week do you eat at home?
Before ♥D, I never ate at home. I might cook 2X's a month. I ate a lot of take-out. But ♥D likes to cook and bake. She is always in the kitchen. I would say we eat in more than we eat out. Very easily. In a week, we might eat 2-3 meals out at a restaurant or in terms of take-out. But in general, we eat at home. Even when we are on the road, ♥D cooks for us.

17. What is ♥D's favorite store to shop at?
In general, I like Target. There is a variety of good quality items there. The prices are not really that much different from Wal-Mart, but the quality is a lot better. And honestly, it is a lot cleaner at Target. With friendlier service.

18. Do you 2 want kids?
We do. But in the future. We are enjoying our life the way it is now. Just spending time together and learning more about each other. Our lives are pretty chaotic right now. We would just like for life to calm down a bit before we add kids to the mix.

19. Does ♥D go to school?
Yes, I am still in college. And I am an intern. Life is just a little crazy right now. But it is the good kind of crazy.

20. Do you spend lots of time with family and friends?
We tend to eat dinner with D's family at least once a week. We also spend a lot of time with his nieces. They are close to him and I. We generally spend more time with our friends on the weekend. Most of my close friends are back home. Along with my family. But occasionally, my close friends fly in to visit on the weekend. And both D and I's best friends live nearby. So we probably have dinner once a week, maybe meet up for a couple of lunches, or just hangout together.

That's it for this month! We hope you enjoyed learning a little more about the 2 of us. Keep the questions coming. Until next month!

XOXO

♥D and D

No comments: