Monday, August 15, 2011

No Rest for the Wicked

Mondays are traditionally, our days off. ♥D and I decided a long time ago, that we needed one day off, together, a week. Mondays just fit the bill. Until this week.

I was bugged about my afternoon adventures today. Not because of what I have to do. That's actually gonna be pretty cool. But it's Monday. It's like asking a normal person, to go into work on a Sunday. You know what I mean? Damn, but I figured that the 1st half of my day, wouldn't be bothered. I could live with working the evening/night. It didn't sound too bad. That didn't work out. Much in thanks, to yesterday's rain.

With yesterday wasted, literally waiting out the rain, all work got moved to today. We're on a time crunch. Everyone is miserable. I've got a good team today. No one wants to work. Right now, we're mid flight. I'm the one trying to "cheer" everyone on. Isn't that hilarious?

Meanwhile, ♥D has gone back, to her home, in the SW. She went to throw a Baby Shower. And is staying until next week. Her family is having a Reunion next weekend. Since she doesn't see much of her family, we agreed, this would be the best time for her to be home.

How is she spending her week? It was supposed to be low key. Baby Shower yesterday. Helping her friend, get ready, for her baby all week. Taking it easy. Being a little lazy. And seeing friends. She needs a break. This was the best opportunity for her. I was happy. Even planning a trip out there midweek. Just to hang out for a day or so.

Plans hit the ceiling. Damn, we have no luck. Miss ♥D has been having issues with her home. For a while now. But since she lives with me 95% of the time, we really haven't pushed to fix a lot of these things. But the plumbing in her master bath, it's shot. And she woke up to a horrible surprise this AM. All this after an eventful evening.

Instead of kicking back all week. ♥D is now dealing with plumbing and construction issues. Not exactly as planned. But what can you do? It's life. My PR guy also jacked up, looks like I probably won't be west bound anytime soon. Pisses me off. Of all times, I know ♥D needs me right now. It's a damn good thing, that she is a strong woman.

A usually quiet day, in our neck of the woods, has become a headache. On all sides. Add in some unusual family drama, on both fronts, and I'm pretty sure that the lady and I, are both ready to hideout. It's just been that kind of day. Leading into that kind of a week. I've never looked forward to work, as much as I do right now. Because the sooner I dig into that, the closer I will be to next Monday. Our day off. Which, we're taking off. D

No comments: