Monday, August 3, 2009

Not Ready at All!

At some point in my life, I need to learn how to say "NO!" I still haven't learned. That is probably why I am completely stressed out right now. D and I always have schedules that usually hold 48 hours worth of work, and we are supposed to do it in 12 hours. Can you imagine that we each have a schedule like that? But that never seems like enough for myself.

My close friends are getting married on Saturday. So I am heading home. These are friends that I was super close to a few years ago. I am a musician, and there was a group of us that worked pretty much Thursday afternoon through late Sunday night. Each and every week, plus rehearsals and teaching some local kids. We spent so much time together, usually seeing each other every day. And most importantly, we are like family. A group of young adults, on their own, who are like a family. Most of us were in college at the time. Just trying to survive. And really depending on each othere. But the guys were like my big brothers. The kind of guys that I could completely depend on.

When my friends asked me to be in the wedding, I was so thrilled! They have been dating over 10 years. And were engaged about a year and a half ago. I am very excited. I get to see so many of my friends. It has been a while. Most of them have moved away to pursue a career in music. That alone is exciting. And like a crazy person, I have to work until Thursday morning. Then I am leaving in the afternoon.

When I get back home, I still have a HUGE list of things to do. I have to pick up my dress and shoes. And I am hoping the dress shop will still be open when I get into town. If not, I am in so much trouble! Because on Friday, before the rehearsal and all of that, I am hosting a bridal luncheon/bridal shower/get-together/bridal tea/pre-wedding spa day. Yeah, I kinda wonder why I agreed. Not that I don't love my friend, but because I have no time to prepare for it!

I am working all week. And honestly, I have to wait until I get there to shop. I have my list ready. And I have made a bunch of calls to order things or put them on hold for me. But it still has me stressed out! I have a whole vision of what I want this day to be like, but I don't know if I have the time to get it done. And because my house is an hour away from the wedding location and the dress shop, things have to go exactly as planned. I need to pick up my dress and shoes on Thursday because I won't have any time to on Friday. And I have to keep everyone on track on Friday. Because we can't be late to the rehearsal.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed. My list is by my side and all the calls have been made. I am just anxious to be going home. And anxious to see all of my friends. I just hope I have enough time to get everything done and still enjoy the wedding. For now, I need to get back to figuring out the details of my plan.

XOXO

♥D

No comments: