Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Stealing...Then and Now

Well, I am exhausted! The wedding was amazing. And I just loved getting together with my old friends. It has seemed like such a long time since we have all been together. The girls and I had an enjoyable day on Friday. We got our nails done...and our toesies painted. But yesterday was the icing on the cake!

I'm back with D. It was a long flight and I slept the whole way! Only to get here and be stuck in the rain. Yes, we are stuck in the rain for the second weekend in a row! Oh my! I don't feel like thinking. All I want to do is sleep. So here is my Sunday Stealing. Enjoy!

XOXO

♥D


Then: August 1999

1. Age: 16 and a junior in high school.

2. Romantic Status: As single as they come!

3. Occupation: A student and cheerleader by day...a musician by night.

4. Fun night out: Anything having to do with me playing music or cheering at a game. Life was simple then.

5. My BFFs: Buda, Enzo, and Brenda.

6. I spent way too much time: Being a cheerleader and working out. There was so much more that I could have done!

7. I spent not enough time: Figuring out who I was or what I wanted.

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: I wasn't completely sure. But I was leaning towards a musician and a music teacher.

9. Biggest concern: I'm not going to lie. It was probably some cheerleading competition.

10. What my biggest concern should have been: Preparing for life after high school. What I really wanted to do with my life.

11. Where did I live: At home with my parents.

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: Honestly, I don't know. Probably something with Enzo. We were always getting into some kind of trouble. It didn't matter that he lived on the other side of the country.

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: There are more important things in life. Start thinking about what you want out of your life. And enjoy these moments. You can't ever get them back. Your life right now, is good.

14. Picture of me then: Probably in a cheerleading uniform or cotton shorts. It was like my entire wardrobe for 4 years!


Now: August 2009

1. Age: 26, and not much wiser. I'm in college now.

2. Romantic Status: Happily in love and taken!

3. Occupation: College student, intern, bookkeeper, musician, and free-lance writer.

4. Fun night out: Dinner with friends. Maybe some shopping. Or dancing. It just depends. Depends on my mood and the people.

5. My BFFs: D, Buda, Enzo, J, Manders, Hills, Gabi, Sam, and Mayu.

6. I spend way too much time: Worrying about money!

7. I spend not enough time: Thinking about myself.

8. I want to be when I grow up: A mom and wife. That's it. Plain and simple.

9. Biggest concern: Money...college is a close second...health is third.

10. What my biggest concern should be: Finishing college and getting a career.

11. Where do I live: In a million different places!

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Constantly fighting with my Dad over money and school.

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: Life wasn't so bad. You made it through all of that. And you are a stronger person for it!


Summary:

1. What do I miss most from 1999: Being carefree. I didn't have many responsibilities and never realized it. My job was just to enjoy life.

2. What do I miss least from 1999: Not being free and able to be myself.

3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: That's a tough question. I'm proud that I have a home. And that I have accomplished a lot academically...and with my internship.

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Finishing college and having a good paying job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"wife and mom" just like me. It's the best, most rewarding thing ever. Even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it, it truly is.

♥D and D said...

I can only hope that one day I can be a wife and mommy. That is all I have ever wanted since I was a kid! I come from a big family, so it feels very natural! ♥D