Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Feeling Your Pain

There are days when you just know your buddy is in pain. Today is one of those days. T is missing his wife. But he is lost in his own confusion of life. ♥D and I desperately want to fix our friends' lives. But how do you do that? My buddy spends his nights drinking, and his days working. Not a good combination. But the combination that is just allowing him to survive.

During lunch, my buddy was just falling apart. He knows when and where things went wrong in his marriage. I think he just doesn't know how to fix them. Divorce has crossed both of their minds. Neither is ready to really consider it. H moved out. T is refusing to go home. He moved back to his empty bachelor pad. Sleeping on a mattress. Eating pizza. What a sad life.

These are the things that scare ♥D and myself. Why rock the boat if it is steadily floating along? I know ♥D and I are a lot more connected and able to communicate. But we have both lived through various members of our family divorcing. Divorcing in horrible circumstances. Marriage is a gamble. And uncertain. But worth it in the end, if you do it with the right person. D

No comments: