Saturday, August 22, 2009

Missing My Family

There are days when I really miss my family. Today is one of them. Not so much because I am missing my niece's 1st birthday party. But because I miss these family get-togethers. When I was younger and had to go to 2-3 family parties a week, I hated it. But I didn't appreciate them for what they were. Time with family.

I am not particularly close to my little niece. In reality, I have seen her twice in 1 year. And I am not particularly close to my brother. We are almost 30 years apart in age. And he just wasn't around a whole lot when I was growing up. When I was under 5, yeah. But I don't remember spending much time with him since I was 5.

But I miss just being home sometimes. Seeing my family. Enjoying laughs and good times. I miss the silliness of the kids. The amazing food. And all the familiar faces. We are not your normal or typical family by any means. We are not the closest and most loving. But we are family. And there are just certain days that I miss them.

XOXO

♥D

No comments: