Thursday, August 18, 2011

Redheads

I'm a redhead. Naturally. All of my adult life,I've sported the ginger hair. My childhood days, were filled with blond hair. But as an adult, the red hair just appeared. And stayed. These days, there are a few grey hairs in the mix. But thanks to the red color, you can't easily see them.

Earlier this week, I came across this article. I read it. Laughed. Went on with my life. It was funny. At least I thought so. But I didn't grow up as a redhead. Did that make my life easier? I was a boy, not a girl. Did that make a difference? I'm not sure. But the "trauma" that the writer is trying to perceive, I don't get it. Why blame red hair for so many problems?



With all of that said, I can't understand this article. Is being a redhead that horrible? I think not. It's interesting. There are some good jokes out there. They stereotypical stuff about redheads, I personally know, some are true. I know this. For example, I'm left handed. But traumatizing?I don't think so. As someone who is in the public eye, I've never had to deal with crap, related to my hair color.

This article, I'm not buying it. I had an interesting childhood. Struggled to be in the "cool" group. Which I was never a part of. At least until I was an adult. And my career got moving. But it had nothing to do with my hair color. It was other things.

What do you think? Am I nuts? Am I not getting something? Do I see things differently, because I didn't grow up as a redhead? What I do know is this, life as a redhead, is fun. Interesting. Full of good things. Why not embrace your natural hair color. Whatever it is. We all go through crap in our lives, so why blame it on our hair color. I just don't get that. D

No comments: