Friday, August 12, 2011

The Help

Where to begin? I always have a tough time with these things. But let's just dig in. A while back, D's grandma gave me this book. Actually, she's so sweet! She bought a copy, for pretty much every female member of her family. Including D's mom and I. That was really generous of her!

Turns out, she read this book over 2 years ago! And she loved it. LOVED IT! So she was sharing it with all her family members. I was the last to receive the book. Not because she doesn't love me. But she had figured, being the bookworm that I am, that I had already read it. Wrong. And that night, before dinner was settled in our tummies, and dessert was on our plates, I had my very own copy.

I LOVED this book! In fact, I read 2 chapters on the way home. In the dark! D thought I was hilarious. And I stayed up, all night, to finish this book. It as that good. No lie! I as so into this book. So much of it, reminded me of my Auntie. Who I spent so much time with, growing up. And I miss so much, now that she's gone.



That was a couple of months ago. And I've read this book, 3 times since! Can you tell that I LOVE it? So when we heard about the movie, we planned a Girl's Day Out. Just to watch this movie. All of the females in the family.

This week, just happened to be when we watched it. And it was so good! Of course, it wasn't as good as the book. But it was still a very good movie. One I'd recommend. After reading the book, naturally. :)

And our day out was just amazing! We started with a yummy breakfast at grandma's house. Everyone pitched in. And we had a real Southern Delight! Then we went out for a little pampering. You know, hair, nails, and makeup. Then some shopping. Followed by a yummy lunch out. The amazing movie. And some dessert. We all headed to our house for a fun BBQ. The guys in the family, well they surprised us all! And they did all the cooking.

Yes, it was a very good day. With an amazing family! Something I'd never give back. I had so much fun. And I'd definitely recommend something like that, for anyone considering this movie. But remember, read the book first. You won't be disappointed!

XOXO

♥D

No comments: