Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Fun Surprise



Do you see how cute and fun this pillow is? I found this picture on Pinterest. And instantly fell in love! One of those things, that made me save it on my computer. Then I showed it to D. And asked him how he liked it.

Usually, our tastes are slightly different. I like a little more frills, ruffles, and girly touches. D is more of a straight shooter. Likes clean lines. More masculine furniture. A bit more modern. But somewhere along the way, we've married the 2 styles. And our new house, reflects this. And better yet, it works incredibly well for us!

So when D liked this pillow, I got so excited! You see, we have a Sun Room. That is so fun. It's painted a deep gray color, with fluffy white couches, and a ton of green plants. An entire wall, is nothing but windows. I've found the funnest accessories for this room. Everything is hot pink or bright orange. It's a fun place to be. To sit and read. Or enjoy lunch. A place where I can sit and just be.

My plan, is to make some of these pillows. With striped pillows, just like these ones. And hot pink and bright orange flowers. The perfect match to our room. A fun accessory, to our fluffy white couch. And as D put it, "adding some fun, to our already funky room."

I find that it's always tough, to marry the things we love. But it can be done. Maybe the interior design is more masculine, but I can add feminine touches. Or the room is feminine, but done in a color scheme, that is more masculine. Yes, it can be done. And I'm glad that D likes some of my "more fun" ideas. :)

XOXO

♥D

No comments: