Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh the Memories!

I must really like this topic. Because this is the 3rd time I type this up! Yes, thanks Blogger. For always making life a little tougher. But I'm not giving in. I'm fighting back! :)

Earlier this week, my friend and I start this 2 hour long convo. What about? All about Kool Aid! Yes, that sugary drink, that we all enjoyed as kids. :) In my family, it was all about the lime flavored Kool Aid. But I favored the more exotic flavors like black cherry, strawberry banana, and tropical punch. Yes, we were a Kool Aid family!

And this silly convo, lead to my friend and I, heading out to buy Kool Aid. Did I mention the ridiculous rainstorm? And how the streets were flooded. But we still went. And we returned with a HUGE supply of Kool Aid! It was delish! And even my friend's wife, she enjoyed the yummy sugary drink with us. We finished off 2 pitchers before dinner. :)



Do you remember these bad boys? Oh ya! My mom used to collect "Kool Aid points." She had a special jar,were she would put them. And we had 2 or 3 sets of these pitchers and cups. I might have also had a t-shirt, or 3! Yes, my mom still has some fun Kool Aid memorabilia. Too bad the Kool Aid company was sold to Kraft. A few years ago, all of these fun things, well, they went bye-bye!

I have so many fun memories that involved Kool Aid. Big Mason Jars filled to the top, on a hot summer day. Those ridiculous red 'stashes you'd get, after say, 2 glasses of Kool Aid. Making Kool Aid pops with my friends. All of these things, just make me smile!

But I do have a secret to share. When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, it was the cool thing, to bring powdered Kool Aid to school. The pre-sweetened kind. We'd fill up a baggie, and sneak it to school. Yes, our entire grade! And at recess, we'd eat it. :) All you had to do, was cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. And suck. I probably ate 10 lbs of Kool Aid, that school year!

It's funny how one thing, brings back so many memories. I can still see the big cans (that my parents would buy at COSTCO) under our kitchen counters. In our house, we'd have Kool Aid 3 or 4 times a week. And honestly, since moving out of the house, I haven't really had Kool Aid. Like in years! So on this day, it was so nice, to enjoy a large glass, of my favorite sugary drink. :)

XOXO

♥D

No comments: