Friday, June 24, 2011

Deflated...



That's just how I'm feeling today. I was supposed to meet my friend yesterday. For lunch. It's been about a year and a half, since we've last seen each other. And I don't know what happened. This week just hasn't been going well for me. What's new? Right?

My cell phone literally fried. I don't know what happened. But that was on Sunday. During the Graduation party. And my computer, well it wasn't working. I'm just not having luck with my electronics. So I wasn't too diligent about checking my e-mail. I just figured that we'd meet. I didn't question it. Because in the past, we haven't had a good track record. I was just hoping for the best.

So yesterday, I made it my home. I got ready. Got all of her presents. All of which I had re-wrapped. And was quite happy. I decided to head to the mall, near the restaurant where we were meeting, a little early. I got there with plenty of time to spare. Did a little shopping, and then headed to the restaurant.

There are 2 things that I didn't figure into the mix. I wasn't in my car. I was in a rental. Because I was having some car issues. And she had gotten a new car. A car that I'd never seen before. I sat there and waited. I got a table by that window, you know, so I'd see her when she got there. Nothing. I waited. 90 minutes! I was reading a book, and enjoying an appetizer and a yummy tea. But still, it felt like forever. Then I went to the front, and asked to use a phone. I don't have her number memorized. That is my fault. Thanks to my cell phone.

But I called a neighboring restaurant, and had her paged. Maybe I was at the wrong place. No answer. I looked around the restaurant that I was at. No sign of her. So I broke down, and called another friend of mine. He lives down the road. And was more than happy to join me for dinner. With my Goddaughter!

So it wasn't all bad. But I was still so disappointed. I had counted on this. For a while now, I've tried desperately to get in touch with my friend. To set up a day to meet for lunch. Or dinner. Or just to drop off all of these gifts. With no luck. And rarely, if ever, does she call me. I'm starting to wonder about our friendship...

I called D. A little sad, frustrated, but most of all drained. This month has been exhausting! And all I could think about was seeing him again. How much I've missed him. And just being near him. Is that nuts? I'm not sure. But I do know, he is the only one that makes me feel good after a month like this. I don't know, maybe I'll try calling my friend later this week. Or maybe I'll wait to see if she calls. I just don't know.

XOXO

♥D

No comments: